Herzlia, Israel – 10 January, 2012 – AMIMON, the market leader in wireless HD and universal mobile connectivity, is gearing up for the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 10-13 in Las Vegas, where the company will bring one standard to rule all wireless HD transmission – WHDI (Wireless Home Digital Interface).
WHDI is the only viable option for a wireless HDMI standard for all devices and across all brands.
● WHDI has set the standard for wireless HD video: zero latency, high quality, low power, rich features
● WHDI solves the new media sources problem: laptops, tablets and phones are portable. When consumers are at home, they want to watch their content on the big TV screen wirelessly.
“Products from cross-brands talking to each other. Products from different brands working with others. Never before have you been able to wirelessly connect to different devices in your living room and receive content from any HMDI sources across different brands,” said Yoav Nissan-Cohen, CEO, AMIMON. “With the WHDI standard, this plug and play solution is revolutionizing the home because now you are free to consume any content on any device.”
Visitors to the AMIMON suite #23121 at the Hilton Hotel will see demos of the real-world applications of WHDI, including:
● Multiple WHDI transmitters connected to multiple TVs through the power of the WHDI standard
● Cross brand features: HP, Galaxy, Belkin, IOGEAR.
● Belkin multi-input transmitter: Connect multiple video sources (STB, PS3, Blu-ray, PC) to one WHDI transmitter and watch it on any other TV, or on the local one using pass-through solution.
● IOGEAR multi-room solution with pass through: Connect a STB to a local TV via wire, and use WHDI to connect another TV in the next room.
● HP WHDI stick: Seamlessly bring notebook content to the big TV, including games with no delay.
● iPad and iPhone connected wirelessly through WHDI to the big TV
● Belkin WHDI with IR blaster solution: Watch video from sources in the next room. Use 4 IR blasters to control these sources from far away.
● Stryker medical system providing multicast, zero latency in wired quality
● Professional camera wireless link with HD-SDI interface
To schedule a meeting with AMIMON during CES 2012, please contact:
ink Communications for AMIMON
+31 6 21 18 45 85
ink Communications for AMIMON
+1 617 956 2214 mobile
WHDI (Wireless Home Digital Interface) is the only viable option available for connecting the content on all HD devices to the TV. WHDI technology enables wireless delivery of uncompressed HDTV throughout the home with video rates of up to 1080p in the 5Ghz unlicensed band. WHDI surpasses competitive technologies by providing outstanding and consistent picture quality equivalent to wired HDMI™ cable, low latency, multi-room availability and low power consumption. For more information about WHDI, visit http://www.whdi.org/ or join the discussion on Facebook or Linked In. You can follow @WHDI on Twitter.
Wireless connectivity is changing the way consumers view high-definition content from mobile devices, at home and on the go. AMIMON, a market leader in wireless HD and universal mobile connectivity, is the only company in the world that is harnessing the power of mobile devices to bring their HD content to the TV screen. As a founding member of the WHDI (Wireless Home Digital Interface) standard, AMIMON’s semiconductor solutions utilize WHDI to give consumers convenience and flexibility to access and view content on devices from all manufacturers via the TV. AMIMON is headquartered in Herzlia, Israel, with offices in Santa Clara, Calif.; Tokyo, Japan; Seoul, Korea; Taipei, Taiwan and Shenzhen, China. To connect with AMIMON, visit http://www.AMIMON.com and http://www.whdi.org, like WHDI on Facebook.